There are many ways to raise awareness about our cause, including important hearing health messages about safe listening and protecting hearing.
For example, your company could choose to:
- carry out specific activities during National Knowledge Week for Hearing
- commission a visit from our free hearing screening service for your staff members
- promote important safe listening messages to staff, improving their health
- promote safe listening messages to the general public on product packaging if there is a tangible link
- inspire your staff by inviting one of our qualified specialists, or our Bionic Ear Show (link) to hold an informative session on how the hearing works and how it can be protected. This has been one of our flagship initiatives and it has proven very popular all around the country.
International integrated energy company ConocoPhillips aimed to raise awareness of hearing protection amongst their staff. To achieve this goal during their 'Year of the Ear', they commissioned visits by Deafness Research UK's Bionic Ear Show to their onshore and offshore sites. Deafness Research UK helped them to deliver important health messages to their staff in an engaging, memorable and motivating way. In turn, they were able to increase awareness of the charity amongst their many workers, raising the profile amongst potential future supporters - a great outcome for both organisations.
For support in setting up an event to raise awareness, please call us on 0207 164 2290 or email our fundraising team.