Marcelo Rivolta and his research into regenerating the auditory nerve.
We focus our research funding on the most important questions, and on the best scientists and projects.
The main questions we investigate are:
- How does the ear work and develop?
- How can we detect deafness earlier?
- What causes tinnitus and how can we treat it?
- How can we improve the hearing of people with hearing loss?
- What causes conductive hearing loss and how can we treat it?
- What role do genes have in causing - and potentially curing - deafness?
- How can we develop practical improvements to hearing aids and cochlear implants?
- How does the brain process sound and information?
This section of the website outlines some of our current research projects, our support of young researchers, our exciting Auditory Centres of Excellence scheme and profiles some of the key scientists involved.
If you are a researcher looking for funding, please look under For researchers for details of our types of awards, how to apply and information for grant holders.